Kamus Istimewa Peribahasa Melayu ePUB
by Abdullah Hussain
National Laureate, Dato' Abdullah bin Hussain, was born on 25 March 1920 at
Sungai Limau Dalam, Yan Kedah. In 1926, he received his early education at the Malay School until he passed his standard five in 1931 and continued his education at the St. Michael School, Alor Setar, Kedah from 1935 till 1933. Later in 1935, he continued his studies at the Anglo Chinese School, Alor Setar, Kedah until he passed his standard VII. During the Japanese occupation in the year 1943, he had a chance to study at the Syonan Koa Kunrenzo (Training School for Top Ranking Officers) in Singapore for three months.
* Assistant Store-keeper, at a tin mine in Pahang (1939)
* Served in the Publication Department, Sahabat newspaper, Penang (1939)
* Assistant Editor, Saudara newspaper (1940)
* A clerk and dobhi at an army camp in Sungai Petani, Kedah until the invasion of the Japanese army
* A journalist of Merdeka newspaper, Berita Indonesia and Majalah Merdeka, Singapore (1951)
* Editor of Majalah Bintang, Majalah Filem and Semenanjung newspaper
* Assistant editor, the Franklin Book Programme and Oxford University Press (1965-1968)
* An editor, Angkatan Baru magazine (1965-1968)
* A research officer, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP), (1968-1978)
* Head of Language and Literature Unit, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka, Sabah branch (1978-1979)
* Creatve Writer, Centre for Humanities Study, Universiti Sains Malaysia (1979-1981)
* Head, Department of Literary Development and Progress, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP), Brunei Darussalam (1982)
* Senior Literary Officer, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka, Brunei
* Guest Writer, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka
His first literary work was a humorous story that was published in Tanah Melayu magazine around 1939. Later he kept on producing literary works such as in short stories, novels, biographies / an autobiography, translationa and literary essays. To date, he had produced 25 novels, three volumes of short stories, nine translations, an autobiography and six biographies. Besides using the pen-name Zamroed, he was also known as Roslani Shikin, A.A. Adiwijaya, A.H., Andijaya, Asly, Bintang Kecil, Iskandar Muda and Suryakanta.
Through his writing literary works, he managed to portray the positive values of the society and worked hard in building his identity as a writer. He was a veteran literary figure who was committed and diligent in developing his creative talents. Now coming nearer to 74 years of age, his spirit of perseverance in the literary world is still blossoming.
To honour his contributions and services, he was conferred the S.E.A Write Award at Bangkok in 1981 (first winner of the Sayembara Novel Nasional prize - a tribute to Pak Sako), First Prize for the National Novel competition organised by Utusan Malaysia and Public Bank for the year 1992/94 for his novel entitled Iman, the Pingat Jasa Hukom Ngon Adat Lembaga Adat Kebudayaan Aceh in 1995, the National Laureate Award in 1996 and the Dato' Setia DiRaja Kedah (D.S.D.K.) in 1996 which carries title Dato'.
Book tags: kamus istimewa peribahasa melayu epub, download, epub, abdullah hussain
Download ePUB Kamus Istimewa Peribahasa Melayu